Ithuteng Dipuo Foundation (IDF) was founded in 2004 with the major purpose to design, publish and distribute youth magazines in different mother tongue languages. Bana Balang was the first magazine and it was developed to its potential. In 2008 IDF was registered as a PBO, which enables it to issue tax certificates to donors and sponsors.
IDF received a grant from the National Lotteries Distribution Trust Fund (NLDTF) during March 2010, to establish infrastructure and produce the Bana Balang.
Our interaction with schools made us aware of other needs in the education environment that need to be attended to.
- Hygiene in ablution blocks: IDF attends to hygiene with a Fresh Flush project.
- Professional development of educator: IDF attends to this need by TwiT and Excel for Teachers
- Study Aids: IDF attends to this need with Watermelon and Study Smart.
We were also honoured to be one of the finalists of the Community Builder of the year award: Education sector for the year 2011.
IDF aims to
- alleviate poverty in the rural areas by providing educational material, numeracy skills as well as constructive support to teachers who have limited excess to available material.
- improve health and social development.
- support sport development by cultivating awareness towards sport among the youth
- enhance community development.